Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The First Ride

This all starts with my husband wanting to return to riding after many motorcycle free years. Before I knew it he was riding out on the weekends with his friends while I was home with the dogs. He did his best to get me to ride on the back and take part but I like to be the driver of my own destiny. Funny because I don't feel this way about being a passenger in a car. One day I said "If I'm going to ride it will be on my own bike". My husband being an avid Ebay shopper soon found me a 2001 Kawasaki ZR7 and I took my first drive at the CSN Cheyenne parking lot. I looked a little strange driving around with my feet out because I was afraid I would fall over. Needless to say, I finally put my feet on the pegs and had some fun. This was only in the parking lot since I didn't have a motorcycle license or the skill to do anything else. The plan was to practice until I attended the Motorcycle Safety Foundation class through CSN.

6 comments:

  1. You must be a born story teller. Great start. Leaves me looking forward to post #2 to find out what happens next. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also looking forward to see what happens next. I used to love riding until someone with little sense scared it out of me. My husband loves bikes....maybe your adventures will inspire me to mount up again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted my own bike. Friends and boyfriends kept telling me I was dangerous enough on my own two feet let alone two wheels. I will live vicariously thorough you, and who knows, maybe a trike is in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new bike. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures. Feet in when riding, feet out when stopped ;o) Trust me it is really really embarrassing to fall over at a stoplight (long story many, many years ago).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have family in Wisconsin that work at Harley. So I was around bikes quite a bit, but never road a street legal one. I'm too scared to ride out here! I had a Suzuki RM80cc when I was younger, but it always was breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I am glad I am not the only one who does not like to be the passenger of a motorcycle. I am actually a little worse than you, I do not like being the passenger one anything cars, planes, boats, etc. My first time riding a bike I tipped over, not really hard or anything but kinda flopped over.

    ReplyDelete