Monday, February 15, 2010

Ninja EX250

The ZR7 seemed a bit big and heavy so I convinced my husband to go to the Kawasaki dealer and check out smaller bikes. He thought the Ninja EX500 is a good choice but I had to disagree and go for the little 2007 Ninja EX250. I thought it was much more size appropriate. Little did I know that I would not think this for very long. More on that later.

It's was now time to attend the Motorcycle Safety Foundation class and I was feeling somewhat confident because I've had been practicing on my little Ninja. At least, I could take off and stop fairly well. Turns out that was about all I could do. This was a tough class. The book part was fairly easy since I had already studied for and gotten my riders permit from DMV. The riding portion was not easy at all, I felt incompetent and thought, for sure, I was going to fail. I'll never forget being yelled at "You just drove off the cliff and you're dead". What can you say to that? Not too much.

I did in fact manage to pass this class but not with a 100%. I like getting good grades in all of my classes but with this one I was satisfied with just passing. The first Monday after the class I was at DMV getting my license. My little Ninja and I had been set free to roam the roads of Las Vegas.

8 comments:

  1. Liked the link to safety classes!! And I would not consider it a form of advertising if you linked to a picture of the cycle you are talking about to educate me - I'm sure they don't all really look the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa; just went and looked up the 2008 Ninja EX 250. Nice Bike! But it looks heavy to me. How do you pick it up? I was taught to "walk a bike up."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is actually a 2007 not a 2008 Ninja. It weighs 355 lbs with a full tank of gas but it is pretty slow compared to bigger bikes. I corrected my blog and added a link to a picture of it.

    On the above comment I made a typo, tried to delete it and you can see what remains. Lesson here is not to delete comments but to proofread better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Your rider coach yelled that at you? What an ass! I remember our class being very relaxed, but very controlled and safety minded. The coaches had a way to relax you and make you feel at ease so we could concentrate on what we were doing. Nobody ever got yelled at, we got pulled off to the side for one-on-one counseling. So we didn't have to get embarrassed when we 'went off on an adventure' (as they called the 'you just went off a cliff and died' incidents.

    Keep on posting and ride on, girl! Show 'em how girls take care of business. =D

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleek looking bike. Thanks for adding the picture. And I like the new template and colors - definitely woke me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was the riding part of the class simulated or did you learn on a real bike? I've always been interested in learning to ride, but haven't taken the class. Btw nice bike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ride on a real bike provided by the MSF. Of course you're not supposed to crash it but it's pretty easy not to do that because they are small like my Ninja.

    Also, missbusa, I hope to see you at the track some day.

    ReplyDelete